7 captivating ways to build trust so your fundraising efforts work better
Trust leads to commitment. Then it leads to retention, loyalty, major gifts and planned gifts.
Here are 7 ways to build trust so your fundraising efforts work better:
1. Make sure your mission is clear so people will know what you do with their money
2. Be “real”, transparent, open and honest about your organization’s efforts (both the successes and failures)
3. Communicate the impact your organization achieves but don’t use big stats (instead, tell stories about real people)
4. When you make a promise, keep it!
5. Involve your supporters in your decision-making processes so they’ll see that you have good judgement (even if your decisions end up being faulty)
6. Listen to your supporters by opening up lines of two-way communication and/or surveying them at least once each year
7. Be great at customer service