Nope. Not really. Not much.
Instead of asking about open rates, you should be asking more important questions such as:
- Do our donors engage with our emails?
- Do they click on them?
- Do they go to the web page?
- How long do they linger there? Or do they bounce right away?
- Do they fill out a form while there, or donate, or sign up, or involve themselves in something?
- Have they been enabled so they can effect change and find meaning in their lives?
- And most importantly, have they been made to feel good?
Don’t let anyone tell you email open rates matter. They don’t; at least not very much.
>>3 big reasons why email open rates don’t matter (and what you should measure instead)
>>2 big reasons why email open rates don’t matter