1. Abraham Lincoln famously said, “When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad; and that’s my religion.”
2. Booker T. Washington said, “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else” and also said, “Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.”
3. Winston Churchill said, “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.”
4. The Dalai Lama said, “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”
5. Mark Twain said, “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.”
6. Bob Hope said, “If you haven’t got any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.”
7. And, Confucius said, “If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else.”
>>4 amazing quotes about how to treat your donors from the Fortune 500
>>MajorGiftMotivator – motivational fundraising quotes delivered to your inbox every Tuesday
Subscribe to our blog today and get actionable fundraising ideas delivered straight to your inbox!
Great Monday morning inspiration
this is a keeper post!