Last week Jeff Schreifels did it again. His Passionate Giving Blog (for Veritus Group) gave us 5 ways to provide what I call “The Disney Experience” for your major donors— EXCEPTIONAL service!
Below, I distilled his points. You can read the details here.
- Make a commitment to invest in major donors
- Find out what your donors want – then give it to them
- Constantly be thinking and planning about “how can we go above expectations” with our donors – Are you surprising them with unique ways to thank, report on programs and show the impact their gifts are having? What will stick in a donor’s heart and mind?
- Figure out what your organization does better than everyone else – then drive that home in different ways to your donors.
- Serve your donors – Have a “givers” mentality. You are thinking all the time, “What can I do to help my donors today? Who can I help make a connection for? How can I make the life of my donor better?”