“It was very useful and enjoyable. Amazing what a couple of changes in language can do to garner interest.”
– Deborah Bauder, Manager, Leadership Giving (Trillium Health Partners Foundation)
“Excellent follow-up to Russell’s earlier study, extremely well presented, extremely valuable! Thank you.”
– Carolyn Lowery, Director of Gift Planning (The University of Texas at San Antonio)
“Russell James is a gem in the field of mining planned gifts. His ongoing research helps keep gift officers up to date.”
– Patricia Price, Director of Planned Giving (Moravian College)
“Very interesting and it will be easy to implement as well. Thank you!”
– Lisa Barr, Executive Director (Hope and Help Center of Central Florida)
Find out exactly which words will inspire your donors to make planned gifts
Dr. Russell James is back with new research findings! Discover what’s working today and what’s coming tomorrow with new results from the lab!
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to describe bequest gifts and tax benefits in a way that will increase a person’s desire to learn more
- What elements of a charitable gift annuity advertisement make people want to get one
- Which words you should avoid to maximize planned gifts
- What the latest data patterns say about trends in charitable estate planning
- The best “front door” phrase to get people to read about planned giving information
- Test results that showcase the responses to different charitable gift annuity ad messages
- And much more!
Get your copy now by completing the form to your right!
About the Presenter:
About Russell James, Ph.D.
Russell James, J.D., Ph.D., CFP® is a professor at Texas Tech University. He directs the on-campus and online graduate program in Charitable Financial Planning and also teaches Charitable Gift Law at the Texas Tech University School of Law. He graduated, cum laude, from the University of Missouri School of Law where he was a member of the Missouri Law Review. While in law school he received the United Missouri Bank Award for Most Outstanding Work in Gift and Estate Taxation and Planning. He also holds a Ph.D. in consumer economics from the University of Missouri, where his dissertation was on the topic of charitable giving. He worked as the Director of Planned Giving for Central Christian College in Moberly, Missouri for six years and later served as president of the college for more than five years. He had direct and supervisory responsibility for all fundraising. During his presidency, the college successfully completed two major capital campaigns, built several new debt-free buildings, and operated in the black every year after having operated in the red for 10 of the 11 previous years. Dr. James has over 100 publications in academic journals, conference proceedings, professional periodicals, and books including 20 on neuroimaging and neuroeconomics. He has been quoted in a variety of news sources including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, ABC News, U.S. News & World Report, USA Today, the Associated Press, Bloomberg News and the Chronicle of Philanthropy.
Get the free eBook