1. Raise money – If you want advice, ask for money. If you want money ask for advice. Surveys raise money.
2. Identify – Decide who your best donor prospects are based on what they say
3. Generate leads – Get major donor and legacy gift prospects to raise their hands showing interest in giving or volunteering
4. Qualify – Ensure that you spend your time wisely with hi-capacity, passionate, motivated supporters
5. Prioritize – Determine who requires attention most urgently
6. Capture vital information – Uncover demographic information you simply can’t buy while learning why each supporter cares, their life story, and their wants, needs, interests and desires so you can cultivate the relationship properly and have meaningful one-to-one conversations
7. Understand – Where each donor prospect resides in the consideration process for giving so you focus on those who are ready
8. Gain referrals – Inspire hi-value, major gift supporters to refer you to like-minded friends and family members
9. Clean up your list – When done right, 7% of survey respondents will update their contact information for you
10. Deliver value – Surveying your supporters makes them feel valued and appreciated
Subscribe to our blog today and get actionable fundraising ideas delivered straight to your inbox!