Where are you spending your marketing dollars?
If your organization has 10,000 active donors, it’s very likely they’ll be categorized as follows:
- A small number will generate 80-90 percent of the revenue.
- Mid-level donors will have a lot of potential for major giving.
- Low-capacity donors will be much less likely to make impact gifts but they’ll make up the largest quantity of donations (not the most revenue).
- All of the above could make legacy gifts but 80 percent of the dollars from those gifts will likely come from just 20 percent of your legacy donors.
- Newly acquired low-dollar donors will not repeat and if they do, they won’t do so at a very high rate.
So all that begs the question: Where are you spending most of your marketing dollars?