1. They do not want fundraisers from other organizations to ask them for money (this is the #1 reason according to the Center on Philanthropy study conducted in 1991 titled “Survey on Anonymous Giving”)
2. They have religious reasons for anonymity (this is the #2 reason according to the same survey study mentioned above)
3. They get pleasure from giving, not from being thanked for their donations
4. They are humble/shy and simply don’t want notoriety because it makes them uncomfortable
5. They might even be sort of embarrassed about their level of wealth (especially if they did not earn the money)
6. They do not want fundraisers from the organization to which they gave to harass them and ask them for more money
Subscribe to our blog today and get actionable fundraising ideas delivered straight to your inbox!