Well… almost nothing. Here’s what your major gifts department can learn.
1. The ice bucket challenge is an awareness and fundraising strategy that went viral.
2. So far, over $23 million dollars has been raised.
3. We do not yet know the average gift size.
4. We do not yet know if any of these donors will continue to support the mission.
5. We do not yet know what this viral campaign will mean for major and planned gifts.
6. Let someone else in your organization concern themselves with what this means.
7. You should not spend one more minute (after reading this post) concerning yourself or your major gifts colleagues with this.
8. Instead, you should pick up the phone or jump in your car to go visit with a major donor, planned gift prospect, legacy society member, or anyone else from whom you might secure a major gift.
Well, I guess that’s a little more than nothing.
LIKE THIS BLOG POST? PLEASE SHARE IT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE
Subscribe to our blog today and get actionable fundraising ideas delivered straight to your inbox!