“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
- Donations have been stuck at 2% of GDP for several decades
- Nonprofits keep doing the same things that deliver the same results (usually prompting donors to hop from supporting one organization to another– hoping for a better value exchange and a more meaningful experience)
- Donors are tired of being treated like ATM machines and receptacles for your spam and junk mail
- Your competitors are “getting” it and they are stealing (and retaining) your donors
- You don’t have time to argue with me about all of the above
Here are some other (more positive) reasons why your organization needs to change:
- Change will make you feel good… Really!
- It will make you feel like you are in control
- It will keep you focused on your true mission
- It will drive you to listen to others
- It will help you provide more value to others
- It will force you to make mistakes (so you can learn from them)
Don’t fear change. Embrace it. Be responsive to change and you’ll do more than survive. You’ll thrive.
LIKE THIS BLOG POST? PLEASE SHARE IT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE