You may be all alone out there. Charged with uncovering hidden bequest gifts, generating new leads and meeting with supporters to help them make their plans.
It’s not easy. In fact, it’s downright hard! But there are a couple of places where you can go to get your questions answered for FREE. On LinkedIn, two of the most valuable groups for people interested in planned giving are:
Smart Planned Giving Marketers Group (full disclosure… I am the manager of this group)
- Heavy results-oriented focus on marketing (lead generation, how-to’s, and best practices)
- Closely managed (by me) so you’ll see relatively fewer discussions but a tremendous amount of interaction among members (i.e.- 2 discussions with 39 comments last week)
- 3,674 members and growing very fast (almost 100 – 200 per week)
The Partnership for Philanthropic Planning Group
- All around great discussions on philanthropic planning albeit sometimes a bit on the technical side (if you like getting into the details and legal stuff)
- Managed by PPP (10 discussions last week with 11 comments)
- 3,601 members with relatively modest but stable growth
Also, if you are interested in major gifts, scroll to the bottom of this post.
LIKE THIS BLOG POST? PLEASE SHARE IT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE
Smart Major Gift Marketers (also managed by me)
- Heavy results-oriented focus on major gifts
- Again, closely managed (by me) so you’ll see relatively fewer discussions but a tremendous amount of interaction among members (i.e.- just 1 discussion with 45 comments last week)
- 12,382 members and growing relatively fast