We are joined again by special guest, Jim Langley, president of Langley Innovations. Make sure to listen to the last episode to hear the first part of this conversation. Educational institutes adapting to donor needs and being fair to your donors are the main topics discussed. Learn more about MarketSmart at http://www.imarketsmart.com and Jim Langley at http://www.langleyinnovations.com.
- The behavior of boomers [01:22]
- Educational institutions [04:39]
- Be fair [10:04]
- The road rage effect [15:20]
- Where’s the hope? [19:03]
We are joined by a very special guest, Jim Langley, president of Langley Innovations. Learn from the expert on taking a top down approach, working with board members, maintaining and building trust with your donors, and much more. This is just the first part of the conversation, stay tuned for the next episode for the rest! Learn more about Jim Langley at langleyinnovations.com.
- Jim’s background [02:24]
- Top down approach [04:07]
- Working with boards [04:39]
- Wake up call [09:20]
- Rotting door – entrepreneurial mindset [15:21]
We are joined by Jen Willett to discuss what it’s like to be a donor. Hear stories from our experiences donating to various nonprofits.
- Experiences as a donor [04:09]
- Are you a millennial? [05:31]
- Greg’s challenge [12:25]
- What did we learn? [15:15]
- Fundraisers making us feel awesome [15:46]
- Opting people out [19:29]
- Hyper personalized chat [22:27]
- Greg’s donor story [24:52]
On today’s episode we continue our discussion on phone calls. The big topic this week is why fundraisers are afraid to call major donors. Make sure to listen to the season 1 finale for the first part of this discussion.
- Recency [05:24]
- Change your attitude [07:54]
- Why won’t people call hot leads [10:19]
- In sales [11:17]
- In fundraising [14:47]
- Inherited wealth [25:13]
Season 2 of the podcast kicks off with a special episode featuring Jeff Giannotto and Lizzie Weiland. This season is all about engagement fundraising in action. Learn about the power of surveys and hear some success stories about organizations that have implemented engagement fundraising.