1. Have an announcer point out who among the attendees is already in the Legacy Society (ask permission first).
2. Mention, “if you are wondering what legacy giving is all about, it’s easy, just ask me or a Legacy Society Member.”
3. Put check boxes asking if the invitee has already left a gift or might consider doing so on the response forms (such as RSVP’s).
4. Put your bequest language and tax ID in programs or other materials plus remind folks that beneficiary designations are easy to change.
5. Hang signs, posters or banners of bequest donors who are no longer alive along with a message inspiring others to consider a similar lasting gift.
LIKE THIS BLOG POST? PLEASE SHARE IT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE
Subscribe to our blog today and get actionable fundraising ideas delivered straight to your inbox!