Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors has spent the past 120 years advising one of the worlds most philanthropic families— the Rockefellers. Today they help their clients give away over $200 million annually.
And now, they have shared with the world what they give to their clients — a guidebook for philanthropists titled First Steps in the Philanthropic Journey.
In this pdf, they provide 9 steps they recommend philanthropists take in the process of redistributing their wealth. It’s a fascinating read. I recommend it. But if you don’t have time, here are the 9 steps:
- Do some homework – explore your interests (what do you want to fund?)
- Take your own temperature – think about what you want out of it (how do you want to fund it?)
- Form your kitchen cabinet – a mastermind group to help make final decisions (who will help you?)
- Choose your approach – find the right strategy
- Start visiting – recognize that you are now “exposing yourself”
- Do the due diligence that’s right for you – examine and evaluate some charities
- Give the money – clarify how you want to be treated, what you want, and what you don’t want
- Build the relationship and increase the impact – become a partner
- Assess your giving annually – then check back with your kitchen cabinet to make changes (if necessary)
>> The number one reason why you aren’t getting your share of dollars from donor advised funds
>> Two Steps to Make the Best of Donor Advised Funds
SHARE THIS WITH YOUR PEERS OR LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW!