I figure you already know that stuff. So here’s my list of 5 practical ideas to help you close more big gifts at the end of this year:
1. Propose they give appreciated stock (or other assets like real estate or jewelry) instead of cash
2. Remind them to recommend gifts be made from their donor-advised funds
3. Suggest a multi-year commitment to break-up the burden
4. Educate them about the IRA Charitable Rollover provision that allows people over 70 1/2 to donate up to $100,000 from their IRA without counting the distribution as taxable income
5. Ask them to check into their employer’s corporate matching program
Subscribe to our blog today and get actionable fundraising ideas delivered straight to your inbox!