Sadly, I’ve witnessed all of these but I truly believe #1 is the worst.
Here are my top 10 traits of terrible fundraisers that drive major donors away:
10. Showing up late;
9. Failing to do something that was promised;
8. Talking about how great they are at raising money;
7. Pitching or presenting instead of collaborating;
6. Forgetting what was discussed last time;
5. Lacking gratitude and appreciation;
4. Pressuring, guilting or shaming;
3. Noticeably lacking true passion for the cause;
2. Focusing too much on organizational needs instead of on each donor’s needs;
1. Talking too much, listening too little;
What do you think? Agree with #1? Witnessed any others? Want to add to my list?
Subscribe to our blog today and get actionable fundraising ideas delivered straight to your inbox!